This training module provides an introduction to heat illness, the risks, and steps to take to prevent it. Whether it is due to high air temperatures or humidity, radiant heat sources, use of bulky or non-breathable protective clothing, or other causes, many people are at risk of heat illness on the job. There are a range of heat illnesses and they can affect anyone, regardless of age or physical condition. Understanding the causes of heat illness and the steps you can take to reduce your risk are key to prevention.
Module length: approximately 15 minutes
People completing this training module should:
- Understand what heat illness is, how it can hurt you, and what to do about it.
- Understand the risk factors for heat illness.
- Know how much heat is too much.
- Know how to prevent heat illness.
- Successfully complete the Knowledge Checks.